couple by wood fence

photo by Kathy DeNinno Photography

How It Works

Oak Tree Logo


Marriage Services During Lockdown

Marriage is about selflessness and teamwork, and so is surviving a crisis.

Golden Oak Weddings has suspended officiation and marriage licensing services for the duration of the pandemic. We hope we will be able to resume our normal operations in 2022. If you have an urgent legal need to be married, you can visit our sister site MarriageToGo.Com for information on "Safe Elopement" civil marriage services.

In keeping with best practices for pandemic safety, Safe Elopement services are rendered outdoors, masked, distanced, without guests or photographers present.

Other restrictions apply. Please see the MarriageToGo website for details.

Your health and safety are our primary concerns--that's why we do what we do. In this uncertain time, the rights and benefits of marriage are important tools that help us take good care of each other. We wish you and yours safe and well, and hope to be of service to you soon.


  • You must already be living together.
  • Your ceremony must take place in California. You need not be a resident to qualify.
  • You must be over 18 and have a valid, unexpired government-issued ID like a drivers license or passport that shows your complete legal name, no abbreviations, errors, or omissions.
  • You must present proof of any dissolution of marriage/SRDP that became final within the last two years, and proof of legal name changes at any time. You may also be required to present other documents (like a birth or naturalization certificate) to verify your information.

You can find "Safe Elopement" rates here. We provide excellent service and have tons of experience to offer--as well as five-star reviews and references.

If you don't currently cohabit you don't qualify for a confidential marriage license, but you can obtain a public marriage license from a CA County Clerk's office. Notaries cannot issue public licenses. You'll still need valid ID and proof of divorce/name changes. Both confidential and public licenses can be purchased or solemnized anywhere in California.

gold deer

photo by Kathy DeNinno Photography